LittleMy

LittleMy Reads

Another GR refugee looking for a new home. Testing the waters here before settling in...

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bomb: The Race to Build—and Steal—the World's Most Dangerous Weapon
Steve Sheinkin
The Great Hunt
Robert Jordan
The Darkness Dwellers (Kiki Strike, #3)
Kirsten Miller
1Q84
Haruki Murakami, Jay Rubin, Philip Gabriel, Allison Hiroto, Marc Vietor, Mark Boyett
Bone, Vol. 1: Out from Boneville - Jeff Smith While I probably cannot add much to the hundreds of positive reviews that already exist of this series, I just want to re-iterate what a wonderful, beautifully drawn, literate, and thought-provoking series this is. My son has reread the series every few months for the last 3 years. We own both the color editions and the omnibus. I have reread the series at least once a year for 3 years. Certain phrases from the series have entered our family lexicon -- my kids know that they are being particularly thoughtless when I tell them, "don't be a stupid, stupid rat creature." This series is perfect for a MG to middle-school child of either gender. My dyslexic son started reading the series in 3rd grade -- at first he had trouble with some of the words but he could follow the story from the pictures. As his reading improved, he could read more of the text and his understanding of the story deepened and his love of it grew. If you have a reluctant reader and don't know what to get them -- start with Bone.